Wow! This can be one particular of the most useful blogs We have ever arrive across on this subject. Basically…
CALL FOR APPLICATION FOR THE POSITION OF PROGRAM MANAGER
PURPOSE OF POSITION
Under the leadership of the Prime Initiative for Green Development (PIGD), the Program Manager will lead the program team to ensure high-quality programming and strong bankable proposal designs that are in line with the PIGD objectives and donor priorities. S/He will directly support the project’s/program’s initiative to provide professional advice and input to, and cooperate with, a broad range of target groups. The Programs Manager will liaise internally with PIGD partners and with external stakeholders and ensure all programs maintain high standards, in line with international best practices.
● Lead the development and implementation of project/program plans and activities in close coordination with counterparts and ED.
● Support in the procurement of contracted third parties in carrying out project/program activities, and lead the performance evaluation and monitoring of country work plans
● Develop strategies, guidelines, manuals, and procedures for program implementation.
● Co-operate with and ensure regular contacts, and dialogues with the national and state government, local communities, relevant organizations, non-governmental bodies, and persons within the program/project’s environment as well as with other projects in order to enhance and maintain good working relationships
● Communicate and channels local interest and aspirations and exchanges ideas and information for the benefit of the program
● Maintain repeated field visits to operational areas in accordance with the requirements of the program/project
Program Management & Networking
● Oversee overall program management of the program and ensures timeous, continuous delivery of activities
● Manage relationships with key stakeholders in collaboration with the country and regional collaborators
● Lead partnership development and resource mobilization
● Work closely with the ED and colleagues to develop fundraising strategies
● Liaise with ED to package impacts, results, and learnings as the basis for fundraising
● Take leadership in working with ED and colleagues to develop concept notes and proposals for funding.
● Proactively searches and reports on funding opportunities and facilitates the response of the Secretariat team/colleagues to these opportunities
Monitoring and Knowledge Management
● Monitor program progress, review reports, and documents concerning the progress of collaborative programs determine bottlenecks and make recommendations for management action to the ED.
● Promote learning and knowledge sharing of innovative ideas documenting successes and building them into the design of new approaches
● Compile information about the project/program and ensures knowledge transfer
● Develop strategies and technical concepts including guidelines, manuals, and procedures,
● Prepare reports and presentation materials
● Prepare appropriate input to the various project/program reports/publications including annual reports; contributes to other reports required by the ED and the Board.
● Support research and study activities on policy topics that will benefit collaborative programs
Management and Coordination Tasks
● Prepare the budget for key events and related financial documentation
● Monitor the operational budget against the contract and program agreements components
● Compile relevant information for collaborative activities and missions
● In the absence of the ED undertakes appropriate actions to facilitate the continued operation of the program
● Responsible for the management of personnel, finances, and infrastructures of the entrusted area of activity
● Responsible for the personnel management of his/her program/project staff.
● Plans, coordinates, and organizes within the project team
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Minimum Required Preferred
● HND or Bachelor’s Degree in Development Studies, Natural Resource Management, or Climate Change and related field
● Specialization in a field related to the project/program goals.
HND or Bachelor’s degree in environmental science
● Minimum 4 years of professional working experience in a similar position
● Working experience in other reputable organizations (non-governmental organizations, consultancies, bilateral development agencies
2 years in a supervisory position
● Managing programs of similar nature in the NGO industry
● Project Management
● NGO Management
● Knowledgeable in natural resource management, environment, forestry, renewable energy, climate change, and/or SDGs
● Policy engagements
● Excellent command of MS-Office
● Good working knowledge of modern ICT systems
● Communication skills (French would be an added advantage)
● Report writing skills
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- This post is based in Port Harcourt, Nigeria and it is offered as a 2-year contract starting
5th January 2023, including a 3-month probation period. The contract is renewable upon satisfactory progress performance.
- The standard working period is 40 hours per week. However, the demands of the job are likely to be such that the willingness to work longer hours required is necessary.
PIGD is an equal opportunity employer that will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, physical disability, or age but female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
To apply for this position, please send the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org by the close of business on 16th December 2022