Wow! This can be one particular of the most useful blogs We have ever arrive across on this subject. Basically…
CLIMATE STRIKE 2019
The Prime Initiative for Green Development Team joined the rest of the World in commemorating the Climate Strike Event. The aim of the event was to raise awareness on the plight of Climate Change.
The event which started at 09:30 am with a 2hours CLIMATE WALK from Port Harcourt to Isaac-Boropark the event centre, To pass on the information to the participants, a carefully thought-out agenda was developed.
The activities conducted include: address on the significant of the celebration to rivers state and the world at large, talks and speech were delivered by various volunteers and supporters.
This was brought to an end at about 2pm and was attended by Two hundred and eleven (211) participants. The program of event include; youth demonstration on Environmental cleanliness, Environmental sustainability awareness, youth involvement in Climate Change awareness and Roles of Government in Climate Change as a key note address delivered by the Rivers Commissioner for environment. A welcome address was delivered by the ED Prime Initiative for Green Development; Opening Speech by the Program Officer, goodwill message was delivered by the supporter 350.org.
- To create awareness on climate crisis
- To educate the communicate members on effect of climate change
- Enhance Community participation in preservation of the environment To educate and communicate the community members on the effect of climate change
- Enhance Community participation in preservation of the environment.
- To advocate for youth involvement to achieve the sustainable development goals (SDGs)